Due Diligence Analyst
- Montreal -
Castle Hall is an entrepreneurial, dynamic and fast-moving company that is looking to add a Due Diligence Analyst to join our team. This role responds to an increasing demand for Castle Hall’s services, and the firm’s commitment to executing an effective and well-constructed product. The successful candidate will be given the opportunity for personal and professional growth.
- Review and analysis of key fund documents (e.g. prospectus, financial statements, contracts and compliance documentation)
- Review and verification of fund and management company data maintained within Castle Hall’s extensive due diligence database
- Conduct of due diligence interviews with global asset managers
- Documentation of findings in detailed due diligence reports, including written narrative and identification of risk factors using Castle Hall’s online risk management application
- Identification, analysis and documentation of ongoing changes at the fund and management company
- Communication with clients to relay due diligence findings and proactively support our clients’ investment decisions making process.
- Other duties may be assigned
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
Candidates will relish the intellectual challenge of analyzing complex organizations and sophisticated investment strategies. Other requirements are:
- A Bachelor’s degree in finance, commerce, business, accounting, sciences or a related discipline.
- A minimum of 2 years’ work experience in the financial service industry would be considered an asset
- A developed interest in the investment industry as well as the accounting, operational and valuation issues faced by asset managers
- Pre-existing understanding of hedge fund, private equity and other investment company structures, terms and conditions will be an advantage
- Confidence and maturity to relay due diligence findings to our global client base and become a trusted advisor to global asset allocators
- Exceptional attention to detail, combined with excellent English Written and verbal communication skills
- Candidates may have professional designations such as CAIA, CFA or CPA, CA or have made progress towards one of these designations
- Character, ambition and drive to succeed within a dynamic industry are critical
WHAT WE OFFER
- Exposure to the alternative assets industry, to institutional investors and institutional asset managers across a wide range of strategies
- An opportunity to be part of a highly successful and growing organization
- Excellent working conditions in a young and dynamic work environment
- Benefits plan including health and dental coverage
- Learning and Development - Reimbursement for relevant designations
Please send your cover letter and resume specifying “Due Diligence Analyst - Montreal”. Only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
Job Type: Full-time