Media Researcher - Reputational Due Diligence
- Temporary Position -
Castle Hall is an entrepreneurial, dynamic and fast-moving company that is looking to add a Media Researcher – Reputational Due Diligence to focus on research in the financial industry over the next 6 months. This role is in response to an increasing demand for Castle Hall’s Reputational Due Diligence services, and the firm’s commitment to executing an effective and well-constructed product. The successful candidate will be given the opportunity for personal and professional growth with a flexible work schedule.
- Conduct research across the financial service industry using structured (Dow Jones Factiva, Know Your Customer databases etc.) and unstructured (general web search) sources
- Audit Castle Hall’s current industry records and internal databases to ensure that existing research is accurate, updating as applicable
- Create new database records for new industry information
- Write summaries of notable industry events for delivery to our clients
- Communicate with Castle Hall media team members during the review process
- Become familiar with the firm’s OpsDiligence platform and contribute to its continuous improvement
- Other ad-hoc special projects and administrative duties as required
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- A bachelor’s degree or college diploma in journalism, communication, english, business and/or a related disicipline would be considered an asset
- Intermediate level of proficiency with MS Office suite including Outlook, Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Familiarity, confidence and accuracy when using a variety of IT tools (e.g. input of information into databases, maintaining files and folders on company servers)
- Outstanding written, verbal and research skills
- Able to quickly grasp new tasks working with highly technical information
- Knowledge of financial industry an asset
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Eager to take ownership of a substantial body of knowledge, taking accountability for the quality and accuracy of content
- Strong organization skills with the ability to multi-task, prioritize and meet deadlines
- Ability to function effectively as a member of a fast-paced team and contribute to a growing organization
- Demonstrate initiative by proactively identifying potential solutions to problems, or making recommendations to enhance operational efficiencies
- Ability to adapt to change and flexibility to take on varied tasks
- Strong work ethic and professional integrity
WHAT WE OFFER
- Exposure to the alternative assets industry, to institutional investors and institutional asset managers across a wide range of strategies
- An opportunity to be part of a highly successful and growing organization
- Excellent working conditions in a dynamic work environment
- Wellness and employee engagement incentives
- Learning and Development - Reimbursement for relevant designations
Please send your cover letter and resume specifying “Media Researcher – temporary position”. Only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
*Due to Covid-19 all employees within Castle Hall are currently working from home with the potential to move back into an office environment when government regulations say it is safe to do so. Until then all interviews and meetings will be held virtually.
The ideal candidate will have an appropriate work-from-home designated space & applicable amenity.